How do I grant someone permission to view my information?
1. Login to your myUIU account
2. Click on the ACADEMICS tab
3. Click on Student Forms on the left
4. Click on Set FERPA Permissions
5. The FERPA Permissions portlet will open.
6. Click Grant/Change Permissions to begin
7. Carefully review the information presented in the portlet.
a. It is your choice to provide access to your information. It will also be your responsibility to complete a new request if you later want to change or rescind these permissions prior to the expiration date.
8. Read through the Introduction and Instructions and click Next page.
9. Complete the Personal Information section of the form.
a. You will need at least:
i. First and last name of the person to whom you are granting permissions
ii. A valid email address for this person. (The email address will be used to send this individual a myUIU username and password.)
10. Complete the Permissions Information section of the form. You will see instructions under Permission Dates.
a. Select an expiration date for this person’s access.
b. Answer Yes or No for each permissions category.
11. Click Next Page to review or change your answers before you submit.
12. Click Submit Permissions Form. You should receive an email confirmation that the submission was successful.
13. Permissions do not take effect right away.
a. The University will process your request as soon as possible (during regular business hours)
b. The person you gave permissions to will receive an email when his or her account is ready